In addition to spending time with Mom at the hospital this weekend, I was able to make time for some things I've been putting off for weeks, including a haircut and some rest. I also met a couple of my close girlfriends for a cup of chai latte, which turned into a two-and-a-half-hour gabfest over a shared slice of carrot cake (and very cheap therapy for me).
I did some shopping for a new swimsuit to wear to Padre next month and ran some errands for Mom. I returned a blouse that she bought a few weeks before she was admitted to the hospital. It was too big on her, and I didn't like how it fit me. I caught Meow Meow trying it on for size before I took it back. (Believe it or not, I DID NOT set up these photos. Before I headed to swim at the YMCA on Saturday morning, I caught her playing in the shirt, including sticking her head through the sleeve.)
Brian, who has been so patient and helpful during the past month, picked me up at the hospital Saturday evening for a date night at the Starlite Drive-In, a summer favorite of mine. (Is it sad that I liked "Kung Fu Panda" better than the new "Indiana Jones" flick?)
This evening, Brian & I celebrated Father's Day at his parents' house, where his dad tried out some new tongs (unbeknownst to his wife):
Brian and Lilly played catch,
Dakota sampled grilled corn on the cob,
and Dad got to be a normal guy, playing with dogs in a backyard on a sunny day.
Ahhhhhh. Good weekend. Now forward march toward a good week, which we all hope includes a long-awaited homecoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment