6.16.2008

She's home!

After 26 days in the hospital, Mom is home. Woo-hoo! She left the hospital late this morning. Dad drove her home (the "long way" so they could drive around the house and see the garden from the street), and she said that it was so much fun to get out of the hospital -- even though it was a dark, rainy day -- and see how the flowers have bloomed. Dad carried her into the house, and Mom reunited with her kitties, Lucy and Libby, and had lunch in her own bed. It was a good day. Thank God we've been able to celebrate it with her.

Posted is one of the last pictures I took in the hospital. One of the perks of being in a standard hospital room, where she'd been staying since Thursday, was that she finally could receive flowers. During the weekend, she received two beautiful bouquets, which we admired against her great room view.


Mom & the rest of us appreciate the visits, cards, flowers, e-mails and phone calls that she has received and continues to receive. She says that it has given her strength to know that so many people are thinking of and praying for her. We already have talked about how best to preserve the many cards, e-mails, etc., that she's received during her stay. She looks forward to her daily mail call and is tickled with each greeting. The support has been amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

Linda said...

I am SO glad your mom is home! Praise the Lord!

Curt Rogers said...

This is the best news! I'm so happy for all of you. What a journey you've all been on. Make sure you take time to reflect and count your blessings and remind each other every day how lucky your are to have one another.

Best of luck to your mother. I'm still sending her good thoughts!

Heather rules said...

Welcome home mom!!!!

Suzanne said...

SUCH great news!! I'm so glad for your mom and your whole family. :)

Chris said...

That's the best news I've heard all week. Heck, maybe even all month! So glad she's home.

Cousin Shawn said...

YEAH!!!I feel like I have been out of the loop the last week or so, We have had so many storms here, in the evening when I usually get on the computer, that I have just been unplugging it. This is the first update I have seen since last week on Annie's birthday, when things had made such a turn for the better, that this far surpasses what I was hoping for. I am so glad she is finally home, in her own bed, with her kitties, her own surroundings. It is just such a Blessing. Send her and everyone my love and hugs.
Cousin Shawn

Related Posts with Thumbnails