1.11.2009

Ice, ice baby

Today's youth group activity was to go ice-skating at the Wichita Ice Center. I haven't been there in ages, and it took me awhile to get the rhythm down again.

Sunday afternoon is a great time to go because it's not very crowded. I had forgotten what great exercise ice-skating is and spent some time practicing turning circles, which I used to love to do when I ice-skated a lot as a teenager.

Here's a short clip I recorded as I was skating and ended with a loop. WARNING: This clip may cause motion sickness:



Brian worked on his hockey stop ...



... and his penguin-esque belly flop:



Brian & I wrapped up the afternoon by skating while holding hands and singing along to one of my current favorite songs, Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours." (Insert "ahhhhhhhhs" or gags here.) I found a cool version of the song on iTunes. It's much better than the one that's commonly played on the radio. I love the lyrics. Consider this excerpt: "Listen to the music of the moment, dance and sing. We're just one big family. And it's our God-intended right to be loved."

A few of the skater-chicks in our group:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails