1.22.2009

Runnin' around

After a weekend celebrating Brian's b-day, this week has been all about getting back to a regular routine.

For starters, Brian is now officially a Verizon employee. (For those of you who don't have your finger on the pulse of the cellular industry, Verizon purchased Brian's previous employer, Alltel. This is now the fourth cellular company he has worked for without actually switching jobs. Cingular and AT&T are also on his resume.)

Pictured with the pups is a random swag item Brian was given at a company welcome dinner tonight. Dakota especially loved them and popped the two Brian brought home. After I took this photo, I asked Brian what those promotional things are called. "Thundersticks," he told me. "It's a real product." I didn't believe the ridiculous name, so I Googled it -- and was pleasantly surprised. Wikipedia shows a photo of a KU basketball game in its definition. Rock Chalk!

For me, Inauguration Day kept the newsroom hopping. (For an inside peek, check out my colleague Lori L.'s blog.) It's been a week to remember as a journalist and an American.

In other things-keeping-us-busy-this-week news, Brian & I got together with his parents, Grandmother and her visiting sister and brother-in-law for a family dinner Wednesday night.

And, so far in 2009, I've stayed true to my commitment to hit the Y at least three times a week. I wish I would've also pledged to track my mileage. This week, for instance, I put in 10.5 miles on the treadmill and eight or so miles on the bike.

Up next: Another fun weekend. Stay tuned.

TGINF! (Thank God it's nearly Friday!)

2 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm a happy Verizon customer and I'm thrilled to hear that Brian is on my team.

Jen and Ryan said...

Does that mean that Ryan and I need to switch to Verison soon? I think we're the only ones using Sprint.

Related Posts with Thumbnails