10.11.2007

25 down

Tonight I swam my 25th mile. That means I'm one quarter of the way to my 100-mile goal. I had planned to treat myself to something when I hit this point. Unfortunately, when I got to the pool tonight, I realized that I didn't have my new goggles and swim cap. They're not in the lost and found there, and I can't find them at home or in my car. So I guess my treat will be another new pair of goggles and a swim cap. Sigh.

For motivation's sake, I've waited until this point to do some workout number crunching. So here it goes. My 25 miles means that I ...
  • swam 900 laps (1,800 lengths).
  • spent about 25 hours in the lap lanes.
  • burned 16,575 calories (almost five pounds).
  • can swim up to seven strokes between breaths.
  • could have swum from my house to Derby or Andover.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails