10.04.2007

Why I'm not a professional photographer

The big story in Doo-Dah today? The Airbus A380 made a flyover! People, this is big news in the Air Capital of the World!

Brian and I planned to watch it zoom overhead from our home before heading to work at 7:40 a.m. But it was late. And we needed to get to work. So right as I was driving downtown, I ran into traffic congestion: About 2,000 of my plane-lovin' fellow Wichitans all decided to try to drive through Kellogg and Ridge to sneak a peek right as I was trying to pass through. People were craning their necks as they drove 65 miles per hour (so not good!), so I slowed and pulled over and tried to snap a photo as the ginormous plane approached the airport.

Join me in reminiscing about a mere minute of my morning.

Wow. I can see it! It's cool! I've gotta get a picture of this. I can post it on my blog, and all of my admirers will adore me all the more. Now, if I just stretch my arm through my open sunroof ... and ... just ... SNAP!


Shoot! It's all sky. No plane. Ugh. Duh! How did I miss it? This sky monster seats 525 people! I need to hurry! It'll fly by and the moment will be lost forever. I'll just roll down my driver's-side window and shoot it this way. Much better. SNAP!


What the? Am I seriously having this much trouble?! OK. Deep breath. You can do this, Lori. You're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like you. SNAP!


Ack! So close. Now if it weren't for that tree. And the overpass. And those annoying barrels. And ... SNAP!

Woo hoo! I did it! I did it!

6 comments:

Maria said...

What some people won't do for their blog!

Heather rules said...

Good for you. So dedicated to all of your blog readers. You really persevered!!

Chris said...

That is almost an exact duplicate of what I went through at the airshow at McConnell this past summer. And there weren't even any trees in the way! But then I just gave up because of my slow camera (that's what I blame it on anyway). By the way, you are definitely good enough, smart enough and people really DO like you!

Linda said...

Great job! I was slowly inching down to see what the next picture would show!

Lori said...

Thank you, thank you. I dedicate this posting to the academy and to you, my supportive readers.

Jaime said...

I happen to think you do a fantastic job with your cell phone camera. Seriously. I can't wait until you get a real camera. Watch out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails