10.05.2007

Shop hop

Quilters throughout the region are spending lots of time and money this weekend participating in the 9th annual Central Kansas Quilt Shop Hop. Here's how it works: Ten locally owned quilt shops from Derby to Salina, Hutch to Severy participate in this shopping event. You pick up a "passport" and get a stamp at each shop. Turn in your completed passport for a chance to win big prizes. There are lots of contests, drawings, giveaways, project ideas and more to see while you're shopping.

A few years ago, my mom and I hit every store. But it makes for quite a long weekend with little time for anything else. We both have a lot of other things to do this weekend, so we decided to take a short drive on K-96 tonight to a store we love in Hutch that we don't go to often. (The shops stay open until 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday night for the event.)

I bought fabric to finish a charity quilt and another bundle for a baby quilt for a girlfriend of mine. I even purchased a Christmas gift for a certain quilter I know. There were so many beautiful things:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails