10.07.2007

Great gourds


Tonight, Brian and I accompanied the Aldersgate youth to A-Maze-In-Grace, a corn maze and more in Wichita. In the past couple of years, we've gone to the Gaeddert maze in Buhler, and I have to say that we had enjoyed that one more. (The setting is rural rather than on the edge of town, the maze is taller and there's a bridge in the middle that you can climb to look out over the maze.) It was good, though, to support another local church. It was also weird this year that we were wearing jeans and T-shirts and sweating at 8:30 p.m. In past years, we've been bundled up drinking hot chocolate to keep warm. That seems a better fit for the fall tradition. One perk of this year's choice: excellent pumpkin bread the church ladies were selling as a fundraiser. We bought a loaf to enjoy later. I love the sights, smells and flavors of fall.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails