During the drive to and from Arkansas last weekend, Jen & I listened to the audiobook version of "Everyone Worth Knowing" by Lauren Weisberger, better known for her "The Devil Wears Prada." (We actually had to get together Monday night for St. Patty's Day corned beef dinner and to finish the last 30 minutes or so of the book.)If you loved "Devil," you'll like this book, too. Let's review the similarities: frumpy-but-smart-girl who turns successful-and-surprisingly-stylish, gorgeous bad boy flirtation, overly demanding job/boss, best girlfriend who gets impatient with main character's crazy new life, sweet boyfriend who is almost overlooked, copious amounts of references to designer clothing, dramatic quiting of aforementioned job ...
It was a perfect book to listen to on a girl's road trip. Jen & I laughed, gasped and cringed at all the same parts.
2 comments:
Sounds like some serious girl-bonding material on the ride to AR. I might have to check that one out as soon as I finish the stack of books I'm currently reading through.
I, too, have a stack of books I'd love to read. One at a time, right?
Post a Comment