3.22.2008

How sweet it is

Saturday night was the annual Irish corned beef dinner at my parents' house. A bit late for St. Patrick's Day, yes, but it also served as an early Easter meal. And there was an excellent game on TV. It was the perfect occasion to break out my new KU T-shirt and to try the Chocolate-Mint Bars featured on the cover of the current Cooking Light issue. (I've been eyeing that recipe since the mag landed in my mailbox.) It was a hit.

A game-day tradition, Brian & I proudly flew our KU flag at our house. The Jayhawk homes outnumber the Wildcat homes in our neighborhood, and hanging flags is THE thing to do in our little neck of the woods. Sorry, KSU fans. (OK, I'm really not.)


Amanda & Kurtis are in town for wedding-planning purposes, including having their engagement photos taken by the talented Jaime. Mom, Jen, Amanda and I worked on wedding centerpieces some more.


2 comments:

Janice said...

Loved the engagement photos! They made me laugh. As for weekend basketball...GO HAWKS!

Kathryn said...

I made those chocolate mint bars and they were delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails