Mom uses a walker to get around upstairs but is gaining mobility each day. On Thursday, she had visits from physical and occupational therapists, who evaluated her and gave her "homework" to keep her limber and to help her grow stronger. Janice and our family friend Faith, who both work for school districts and are off this summer, have been keeping Mom company during the days while the rest of us are at work. That's been a blessing. Mom should get a wheelchair today, which we'll use (soon, hopefully) when she's feeling up to getting out of the house to see a movie, shop, etc.
Jen & I have been spending much of our evenings at Mom & Dad's and keeping Mom company. For now, Mom is still on a soft food diet but has been able to eat more of her favorite foods and drinks, including tuna and chicken salad sandwiches, Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookies, puffed rice cereal, coffee and another Fruitista. (My Aunt Ruthie, who lives in Texas, had seen my previous post about Mom's first "taste of the outside" while she was in the MICU and mailed Mom a coupon for a free Fruitista. Mom made sure I got it for her.)
Mom's brothers Eric & Joey are in town for a visit from Missouri, and Dad grilled brats for dinner. Earlier this week, I cooked Dad dinner. He gave me two thumbs up on a couple of my favorite recipes, Parmesan Pork Cutlets and
Avocado-Corn Salsa
1 cup salsa
1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 (11-oz.) can Mexicorn, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
***
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 3 cups.
Source: Pillsbury
4 comments:
I'm so glad your mama is home. I'm also very jealous that she gets to snack on Little Debbies.
You said your dad grilled brats! Did their parents care???
Just kidding! We are sooo happy Ann is home, too!
Janice
So glad to hear your mom is doing well! I've always thought Little Debbie oatmeal cookies had curative powers.
Hey, I just made your Paula Deen orange brownies for a cookout we're attending today. Mine don't look as pretty. I'll give them some time, but maybe you used a different frosting or something??
Suzanne: Paula has two versions of her Orange Brownies, which makes things very confusing. I make the kind with the frosting, but there's also a variation with a glaze.
Post a Comment