I finally made it to the state fair Saturday, mostly to see Josh Turner and Sara Evans' concert, which was great. I really don't listen to country music anymore (about 10 years ago, it was almost all I listened to). But I had a blast jamming with Amanda and my dad, and I was surprised at how much I did like the music after all. I had to listen to Mandy say at least two dozen times that Josh Turner is "amazingly hot." Unfortunately for Mandy and hundreds of Kansas bachelorettes at the concert, Turner's gorgeous wife Jennifer Ford Turner also was there (she sings back-up vocals and plays the keyboard). You may recognize her from Turner's music video to his hit "Your Man." It's a pretty cute video. I've posted it below.
Sarah Evans was the better performer, and her little sister and big brother were in her band, too. So wholesome and endearing! The crowd seemed to eat up the family connections. Other fair play we enjoyed before the concert included a ride on Ye Old Mill, viewing of the dairy barn and butter and sand sculptures and sampling of Kansas peach honey and fried green tomatoes, which were surprisingly tasty.
I'm 32, married to my high school sweetheart and the proud mother of an adorable baby boy. We like to look for the sunny things in life. Our "other kids" are our pets (two very silly golden retrievers and a spoiled calico kitty who is convinced that she's a dog). They remind us daily to relish life (and a good treat), hang out with those you love, forgive quickly and often and keep it simple.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
-
I have heard from quite a few of you that some would love to hear an
update on our family. I have heard many times since she passed away in
March of 2...
01.05.23 Fifteen years
-
It's the fifteenth year for this blog. Wow. That's a lot of pictures. This
blog started out as a way to give a home to images I really liked. Over the
y...
It's 3 AM I must be lonely.
-
Me: ...
My Brain: Good! You're here. Let's get started. As always, we'll start
with "Why You Are Probably Dying Soon." Then I thought we would switch t...
What’s a good next book?
-
So I’m ready to write again. I don’t want to wait as long this time as I
did between books one and two. Got any ideas for me? xo
The post What’s a good n...
14!
-
Happy 14th birthday, Duncan! The good folks at Hero's Pets gave him plenty
of treats and love. And he went crazy for this cod skin goody! I love my
boy!
Happy Thanksgiving, Dear Ones
-
[image: Hand_Turkey_Marigold copy]
[image: Hand_turkey_poe]
Last Thanksgiving Day, the kittens that belong to these paws, Marigold and
Poe Starling, met ...
I Have Moved!
-
I have a new website found at www.MaidenJane.com! There you will find my
website and blog rolled into one! I am still transitioning quite a few
things, so...
Chocolate Chip Cookies
-
This chocolate chip cookie recipe has been my tried-and-true for several
years now. Luckily, I don't have to search through all of the pinterest
"best ...
Christmas visitor
-
Santa came to see us on Christmas Eve. He hasn't been there in person for
the past few years, so we were really excited to see him. Especially
Teresa. She...
Kate in the choir
-
Today was such a special day! During our parental pursuit, one of the
things i ofter caught myself daydreaming about was watching my child grow
in his or h...
"This is the time"
-
I'm a firm believer that God has a sense of humor. Too many things in my
life have happened to be followed by a little "wink" from the man upstairs
for m...
No more tubes!
-
I am quite happy to report that Fez's health has turned around! He had his
feeding tube removed on Monday and is eating on his own. He did loose a
little b...
March forth!
-
Every March 4th, I think of Chris Edmonds, and this story I did about her
in 2005:
Source: BY SUZANNE PEREZ TOBIAS , The Wichita Eagle
ADVICE FOR TODAY: '...
Feeling better yet?
-
Westley is much better now, but the past week was a little scary as our
tiny trooper had pneumonia. Dakota was worried about him and stood by to
make sure...
3 comments:
We had a great time at the fair too! I hadn't been in years, I like it better now! Glad you had fun!
Even though I'm old enough to be Josh's mama, I totally agree with Amanda!
Janice
Seriously, SO HOT. Not the greatest concert giver in the world, but who can be everything in life? AMAZINGLY HOT.
Post a Comment