9.11.2007

Tuits

Tonight at quilt guild, member and presenter Barb (whose completed projects include a quilt with this gorgeous Mariner's Compass pattern) taught us a great new term for UFOs (unfinished objects): tuits. As in "Someday I'll get tuit." Example usage: I started a similar Mariner's Compass quilt, but it's now stacked up with my other tuits.

I was telling Brian about how clever I thought this was, and he was astonished that I'd never heard of a "round tuit." I Googled it and found that there are lots of companies that sell cheesy tuit token gifts. That way unsuspecting recipients can proudly proclaim that they finally got a round tuit. Barf. So, in my mind, the term went from cool to consumer kitschy in no time flat.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Definitely consumer kitschy...my grandparents had some of those round tuits when I was a kid. It was kinda funny when I was 10. Then I grew up!

Lori said...

After reading my blog, my mom informed me that she has several round tuits. Who knew?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails