9.23.2007

Quilt tour time

My mom, mother-in-law and I set out Saturday on the Quilt Room Tour, a home tour for quilters. We visited five homes of fellow members of the Prairie Quilt Guild. Two had stand-alone quilt studios behind their houses, and the others had incredible studios dedicated to their artwork. (They all put my spare bedroom studio/storage room to shame. I'm committed to stealing several ideas, including a project board.) I loved the opportunity to be a bit of a voyeur and gawk at others' organization, creativity and homes. We also took a break to enjoy an autumn buffet lunch, an annual fall event, at Victoria's Tea Room. The food was rich and delish. Here a few images from the day:
























Afterwards, I met with the church's youth group members, who helped me hand tie this quilt I made. We'll soon send it to Biloxi to the woman whose home we worked on when we were in Mississippi last summer doing Hurricane Katrina relief work.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails