9.18.2007

Making scandalous headlines

My sister, Jen, bought me this card game for Christmas a couple of years ago. (It's a great gift for journalists and newspaper-lovers.) The gist is that each player gets five cards, each bearing a noun, adjective, phrase, etc. You have one chance to trade in up to three cards. Then you have to create a headline with the cards you're holding. It has to make sense grammatically, but not realistically. Each card has a point value assigned to it. (The most scandalous words -- or those that could help produce juicy headlines, including urologist, revealed, nun, missing and naked -- are worth 50 points.) You earn the number of points you show on each play. The first player to accrue 500 points wins. If you play an exclusive tag, you double the number of points on that turn. I won two out of three games the last time Brian and I played. Among my higher-scoring plays:

4 comments:

Linda said...

Lori, Linda J. from the Eagle here. I found your blog through Chris'. This game looks like a lot of fun. Think I'll put it on my Christmas wish list.

BTW, you can check out my blog at
www.lindassunflower.blogspot.com

Linda said...

p.s. what's the name of the game? or did I miss it?

Lori said...

Hi, Linda. Thanks for stopping by! The card game is Man Bites Dog. It's a lot of fun.

Jenn said...

OMG I want to leave work RIGHT NOW and go get that game!! Thanks for telling us about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails