Tonight my father-in-law was honored for being a Wichita YMCA volunteer of the year for his work on the board of Camp Hyde. (Congrats!) The Y hosted the event at its new Farha Sport Center. The evening included drinks, dinner, an awards ceremony recognizing volunteers and coaches and a speech from former K-State coach Bill Snyder.Unfortunately, I didn't plan ahead very well and wore a purple shirt. The worst part? KU plays K-State on Saturday. In Manhattan.
Brian's family didn't mind harassing me for my wardrobe choice. From left: Grandma, Brian, Aunt Lynn, John & Janice (Brian's parents) and Uncle Larry.

4 comments:
!! Your FIL and my dad probably know each other. My dad was YMCA volunteer of the year (for his work on Camp Hyde, no less!) a few years ago! Small world! Dad was at that same dinner and loved it too.
Last night when he was telling me about the great dinner and Bill Snyder's cool speech I kept thinking that Bill Snyder was the football coach at KSU, so I would have thought purple was just fine to wear! Ha! I need to follow sports a little more!
That's so cool. I was asked to go to the event and didn't. I would've tried harder had I known that Mr. Buselt was gonna be recognized as the man.
Jenn & Jaime, that's crazy! It's a small world, indeed. See how much fun we all could have had?
What a motley crew this is. (Except for Grandma, of course!) Thanks for coming and supporting John.
Post a Comment