10.10.2007

Feeding time lessons

Time: 2100 hours
Location: my kitchen

Mission: feeding two hungry golden retrievers

















Last month, I heard an essay by David Buetow on NPR's "This I Believe" program (I listen to it on my iPod.) I've listened to it a half dozen times, and it makes me smile. It reminds me of puppy feeding time at our home. Listen to the entire essay or read it here. My favorite excerpt of his essay:

"I believe in my dog.
I believe in the way he lives his life, and I try to emulate him. I strive to gain his level of happiness in the simplest of things. Like the way he approaches each meal with endless appreciation and even joy. While I struggle to decide what to eat from full cupboards and lament what I don’t have, he circles the floor, excitedly anticipating the very same meal, in the very same portion, at the very same time every day."

1 comment:

Maria said...

That is a great quote!

Related Posts with Thumbnails