When Brian & I met a group of friends at Oscar's in Old Town on Saturday night to watch the Sunflower Showdown (way to go, Jayhawks!), we spotted two of Wichita's characters out together. From left: "Crazy Mike" (aka "Sex Symbol Superstar"), me and "Dancing Cowboy." I'd never heard that they hung out together. Brian said the sighting was akin to seeing Sasquatch and Nessie the Loch Ness Monster sitting down over pints of Guiness. Brilliant!
If you've experienced Wichita nightlife at all in the past several years, you've likely seen Mike strolling through a bar with his headphones on. A group of us spotted him at Mort's earlier this year. He walked in, helped himself to some popcorn, looped the place and exited. And you may have seen the cowboy busting a move at the Shadow. We saw him there when we were out celebrating Brian's birthday in January. You can find videos of them on YouTube. Thanks to my friend Roxy for her photographic talents.
Speaking of Wichita characters, here are a few in my circle:
Nicole was with us, too, but I don't have a photo of her.
3 comments:
That is wild that the two of them were together. I don't know much about the cowboy, but I am pretty familiar with "Crazy Mike."
Yep, I don't think I have ever gone out and NOT seen Crazy Mike!
Um, WOW! You are one lucky woman.
When are we gonna profile these two guys in WichiTalk? I wanna know more.
Post a Comment