I'm tardy in reporting about the fun I had at book club Tuesday night. We discussed "The United States of Arugula" by David Kamp, a must-read for foodies or anyone interested in the food revolution in America. It's a very dense book, though, with heavy attribution and even footnotes. Sadly, I'm only midway through it.Appropriately, our lovely hostess Teresa unveiled her renovated kitchen, complete with gorgeous tile and newly painted cabinets.
One of the highlights of the evening was when Denise shared some family cookbooks she inherited from her grandpa. They still had old notes and bookmarks in them, marking recipes. Very nostalgic. What treasures. And I love this photo I snapped of a few of the ladies. They seem very grossed out. I recall Denise talking about gelatin molds or some similar food oddity.
2 comments:
You brought the basket? That was delicious. I can't believe strawberries are good this early.
Thanks. I was surprised, too. I've been eating strawberries all week. They've been great on salads, oatmeal and cereal. I just had to share.
Post a Comment