I wish I could say we had been able to wrap up our big home DIY project in a single weekend, but we got things off to one heck of a start. Come Thanksgiving, the main floor of our home should look completely different, with all new carpet and porcelain tile in our entryway, kitchen and bathroom. We're hiring someone to lay the carpet, but first, we're taking care of the tile portion of the project. Fortunately, a work associate of Brian's loaned us all of the equipment we need.
On Saturday, Brian & I got started by ripping the rooms we're going to tile down to the subfloor and starting from scratch. It's not easy work, but I'm loving the bathroom floor, which is nearly finished. (We just need to seal it.)
In the meantime, we're breaking in our new dishwasher and hoping to install our new flat-top stove soon. I can't wait to get the kitchen floor done so we can move our fridge, now sitting in the living room, back to its home. Here's a look at what we've done so far:

I couldn't rip this ugly linoleum out fast enough.

See what I mean?! Out with the old!

Brian cutting tile with our borrowed wet saw.

Me trying to master the art of tile spacers. I bet I'll have it down just as we're wrapping up the project ...

Brian working on the grout in the bathroom.
Next up: The kitchen. We've decided to be ambitious and lay the tile on the diagonal. Wish us luck!

On Saturday, Brian & I got started by ripping the rooms we're going to tile down to the subfloor and starting from scratch. It's not easy work, but I'm loving the bathroom floor, which is nearly finished. (We just need to seal it.)
In the meantime, we're breaking in our new dishwasher and hoping to install our new flat-top stove soon. I can't wait to get the kitchen floor done so we can move our fridge, now sitting in the living room, back to its home. Here's a look at what we've done so far:
I couldn't rip this ugly linoleum out fast enough.
See what I mean?! Out with the old!
Brian cutting tile with our borrowed wet saw.
Me trying to master the art of tile spacers. I bet I'll have it down just as we're wrapping up the project ...
Brian working on the grout in the bathroom.
Next up: The kitchen. We've decided to be ambitious and lay the tile on the diagonal. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment