Westley was a very lucky little boy and received three "Baby's First" ornaments for Christmas. (Grandma Buselt and Ann & Jeremey also gave him very sweet ones that we'll hang next year.) The one we picked for him and put in his stocking Christmas morning is the Classic Pooh one pictured above (Pooh Bear is sitting on an alphabet block). We thought this paid perfect homage to his sweet Classic Pooh-themed nursery that we planned and decorated together starting about a year ago.
Also pictured above my "Baby's First" ornament, the 1979 Hallmark green stocking in the lower left corner. Brian's is the 1978 ball in the upper right of the photo. We intentionally hung them near each other this year and may have to do that again. I like the symbolism.
When I was growing up, my sisters and I received a dated Hallmark ornament in our stockings each year. That way we amassed a beautiful and meaningful collection for our own tree, whenever we started our own Christmas. I loved the tradition, and Brian and I plan to do the same for Westley.
Speaking of Christmas ornaments, Brian and I have decided that we need to take down our tree tonight. That's simultaneously disappointing and a relief. Yep. Must be early January.
No comments:
Post a Comment