9.27.2007

Big top, big hit

We discussed the captivating, wonderful novel "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen at book club tonight. I read the book weeks ago and am still captivated by it. If you haven't read it, you must! My sister Amanda is borrowing my copy, but let me know if you'd like to be next in line behind her.

In the meantime, allow me to summarize the evening:


The circus book


The circus food
(We also had hot dogs, caramel corn, cotton candy, tater tots and more!)


The carnies
(Bonnie, Carrie and Robin - aka the turkey-headed woman)

My friend and co-worker Chris was the lovely and gracious hostess. I loved her cute home, especially her cozy kitchen with chalk-paint walls. Check out this great original artwork:


Rock Chalk, indeed!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the compliments on my home. I always love entertaining but I'm also glad when it's over!

Lori said...

I can relate. But it is great to fill your home with friends and laughter. It adds to the character of the house, I think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails