9.02.2007

Football frenzy

My favorite college sport to watch is men's basketball, hands down. But my favorite season is fall, which means that I love watching college football, too. The atmosphere of college campuses and crazy fans mixed with the gorgeous view of turning leaves and a chilly nip in the air (at least later in the season) make being a football fan so much fun. Brian and I will be making the journey to Lawrence at least twice this fall to see KU play. But this year, we got things kicked off by rooting for the University of Arkansas Razorbacks at their first home game of the season.

We drove to Fayetteville Saturday morning, met up with Amanda and headed to campus. The place was nuts. The football stadium seats 72,000 people -- 22,000 more than KU's Memorial Stadium. Unlike KU, the University of Arkansas is a big football school. People were camped out in RVs and swarmed the grounds to get ready for the 6 p.m. game. Many wore No. 5 for Heisman hopeful Darren McFadden. (Amanda said they call him Run D.M.C. and D Mac in these here parts.) He had an awesome game. The Razorbacks defeated the Trojans of Troy University, 46-26. We also got to watch from the very posh club level:

Confession: I wore a Razorback T-shirt to the game and cheered for the Razorbacks. (Don't worry, Jayhawks, I still love you best.) In my defense, Amanda gave me the shirt as a gift. And I DID NOT do that silly sooie chant or whatever they call their cheer. I was pleased to hear that KU won and K-State lost their games, which were going on at the same time.

As if those things weren't enough to make it a perfect Saturday, I got to catch up with my baby sis, enjoy beautiful weather and spend QT with my husband on our anniversary.

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a great day. So glad to see you're blogging from the road!

Jaime said...

You two look cute in your Razorback shirts. I miss AMO.

Related Posts with Thumbnails