A staple of KU student clothing is this T-shirt, which has stirred up a controversy about its offensive nature. And now students are talking about bidding it farewell, according to an article by the University Daily Kansan, KU's student newspaper. (I spent many a semester as an indentured servant, er, a staff member, of this fine publication.)Funny story: A woman once had never heard of this Jayhawk tradition, deeply rooted in University of Missouri (aka Mizzou) rivalry, and saw a certain KU grad wearing it. The woman cocked her head to the side, studied the shirt and pondered its meaning.
"Muck Fizz-way?" she said. "Is that French?"
2 comments:
I'm proud to say that I witnessed the puzzled woman's reaction. Tee-hee.
Those are the best shirts ever! My nephew's wife is a HUGE Mizzou fan living in Jayhawk land. She doesn't have much of a sense of humor when KU wins (which is usually).
Post a Comment