Mom & I ran a couple of quilting-related errands on Sunday afternoon. First I picked up a quilt of mine from a local woman who runs a long-arm quilting business. It's one of several projects that I've had professionally quilted, which is quite a treat.Kristie has two bichon puppies, including Scooter who can do a very cute trick.
Then we went to Sunflower Quilts in Derby to do some fabric shopping. There we saw Louie the bichon, who's a big fan of belly rubs and isn't too proud to beg.
Now Mom & I each have a project that will be quilted in coming weeks. Hers is a shop sample she made for a local quilt store.And I have a gorgeous quilt to finish with binding:

The quilting is beautiful. The red plaid coordinates well with the overstuffed chair and ottoman in our basement, so it'll be nice to have that completed. (Hand work is definitely my weakness, though, so it may take awhile.)
3 comments:
That quilt is lovely!! My mother-in-law teaches quilting at Cowley, and I keep asking her to show me how to sew and make quilts, and she always gives me the evil eye. Ever since she found out that I fix sweater holes with superglue....
They were fun errands! The puppies were almost as cute as yours. The pictures of the quilts show off the talent of all 3 of us ladies. And, it's always fun to shop in a store that's not one of our regulars.
Yes, quilts are useful as well as ornamental.
Post a Comment