1.28.2008

NKOTB confession

Hang tough! Did you hear that New Kids on the Block may be back? Brian e-mailed me a link to this news story today and included this message:

We swore this would never happen. It has. Now is the time to pray for redemption, for the end is nigh ... The comeback we never asked for and prayed wouldn't happen appears to be on its way. Wow. Please make it stop. Nearly-40-year-olds dancing around in stone-wash jeans with neon T-shirts and faux teen angst is a terrible thing.

So ... is now a bad time to break the news to my sweetie that back in about 1990 I had a big ol' boy band crush on cutie Joey McIntyre? If you were once a fan of Joey, Danny, Donnie, Jordan and Jonathan, please join me in a collective "What the heck was I thinking?!" and "Yikes, I feel so old!" as you watch this video:

4 comments:

Heather rules said...

I was in love with the quiet one. Jonathan. hehe. I really can't believe I just admitted that.

evan, yo! said...

Fortunately, I never had anything to do with those guys. I did tell Amanda, though, that I distinctly remember her saying "How can you not think 'Water Runs Dry' by Boyz II Men is the best song ever?" when you were visiting us one time.

Jaime said...

Heard you are sick and I hope you feel better soon. Play some NKOTB and it'll brighten your spirits.

Lori said...

Evan, thanks for visiting my blog! You know that Boyz II Men rules. Brian took me to one of their concerts circa 1995, so I got to see "Water Runs Dry" live! How do you like them apples?

And Jaime, thank you for your well wishes! I'm feeling much, much better. Must've been all that "Hanging Tough" I listed to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails