I just finished reading "Must Love Dogs" by Claire Cook. It really wasn't about dogs at all, but I enjoyed how dogs brought characters together in this fiction novel. The book made me laugh and was a nice little escape, but wasn't that memorable. Kind of like the 2005 movie adaption starring Diane Lane and John Cusack. I know I've seen the movie before but can't even remember it well enough to compare it to the book. Oh well.I did find the interview with the author at the end of the book interesting. Consider, for example, this excerpt:
While promoting "Must Love Dogs," have you met some especially interesting dogs or heard some good dog stories?
One of the big surprises of my book tour was just how many readers asked me to inscribe books to their dogs! I can't even count the books I've signed to Peppy and Chico and Queenie and Hunter ...
2 comments:
Yeah, I am the same as you on this book. YAWN. The only reason I even finished it was because I was stuck on a plane! And the movie was even worse. Why did this book get so much attention I wonder? There are so many great books out there and this one gets so much attention!
I asked myself the same thing. It was a national bestseller for crying out loud!
Post a Comment