4.21.2008

Take three in the big D

Have you missed me? I've taken a break from blogging and everything else during a three-day trip to Dallas with Brian and our friends Tony & Nicole and Ann & Jeremey.

The girls hung out and had fabulous spa pedicures at Saks 5th Avenue, dined at the Grand Lux Cafe (home of baked-to-order desserts), shopped till we dropped (including at my beloved Container Store, Sam Moon and the Galleria Dallas).








On Sunday, when the weather was sunny and beautiful, we checked out the Main St. Fort Worth Arts Festival, where I fell in love with all kinds of art I couldn't afford. My favorite was Scanlan photography. Breathtaking.





Meanwhile, our hubbies golfed four courses in three days.

















They tried to convince the wives that golfing in the Texas sun meant long and grueling days. We knew better.







Brian nailed a 350-yard drive for a birdie at Firewheel's Lakes Course. Can you say bragging rights?






















The trip ended with a beautiful sunset as we were driving home through Oklahoma. Sigh. I heart vacations.



2 comments:

Heather rules said...

Welcome back. Looks like you had a real good time.

Jenn said...

What fun!! (I tried to comment yesterday but must have messed something up! I am glad you had a good trip, I lived in Denton, TX for 10 years so I am familiar with a lot of the places you mentioned!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails