9.07.2008

Great girls weekend

Nicole & I escaped to sunny Arkansas for the weekend. Kurtis was in Little Rock for work, so we had Amanda's apartment to ourselves. It was my first visit there since Amanda became a Mrs., and, as fun as my Matron of Honor duties have been, I must admit that it was nice to spend some time together without having to worry about wedding details.

Amanda got a great haircut. It's five inches shorter now, the shortest it's been in five years or so. Very cute. While she was stuck at the salon, Nicole & I checked out the Fayetteville Farmers' Market at the quaint Downtown Fayetteville Square, where Kurtis proposed to Amanda. Shoppers, dogs, vendors and performers were out in droves. The flowers were amazing, and I found fresh basil, garlic and peaches that we used to make yummy treats later in the weekend. Nicole & I were tickled that we were enjoying the gorgeous 70-degree weather while it was drab and rainy back in Wichita. A few images from that morning:






(Double click the picture above to see the soft-shoe dancer's SpongeBob "GroovePants" T-shirt. Nice.)

The three of us shopped and browsed a bit at an outdoor art fair at the Pinnacle Hills Promenade, dined out, caught up and took advantage of a photo opp in a giant outdoor chair. (Odd, yes. But that's how we roll in Arkansas.)



The Mr. got home in time for a late Sunday lunch. Toby, their adorable toy poodle, continued to get lots and lots of attention from all of us. It was fun to play with him throughout the weekend.

Nicole & I barely listened the radio or my iPod the whole drive back and instead chatted, laughed and reminisced. Good visit. Gotta love girls weekends.

See you soon, Toby & Co.!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails