9.09.2008

Quilt guild, revisited

Tonight was the first month since May that Mom attended quilt guild. It was great to have her back, and she looks better than ever.











She laughed, was inspired and helped me complete this charity baby quilt that she started (and did 90 percent of the work on). It's the second we've finished together, and it will soon go to a baby in need via the Rose Hill Quilt Guild.

We saw dozens of quilts from fellow guild members, including these masterpieces:




My favorite shown during the evening was this one, which dates to the 1880s. What an amazing family heirloom:

4 comments:

Chris said...

I'm sad I missed her first guild meeting after such trauma. But your mom looks wonderful. I'm so glad you got to share that with her.

Lori said...

You'll just have to join us soon, Chris! It would be fun to have you.

Linda said...

Your mom looks great! Glad her health is so much better!

Lori said...

Thanks, Linda. It is a blessing. Mom has heard from many people that she looks like a new woman.

Related Posts with Thumbnails