9.11.2008

Must ... not ... eat ... now

Just as I feared, the sheets of rain that will inevitably poor down on Kansas have put the kibosh on our planned weekend camping trip. I'm sure, though, that we'll be able to find other ways to entertain ourselves. A few of the items on the lofty to-do list: hang out with friends, dine out, see a movie, watch football, play with the pups, kick Brian's butt in Scrabble. I'll also be listening for a phone call that tells me it's time to meet my new nephew! Maybe a rainy weekend doesn't sound so bad, after all.

My contribution to a dinner party will be this Nutter Butter Frozen Peanut Butter Pie. I've never had it before, but Denise recommended it, so I'm sure it's "firkin awesome" just like she promised. When I was putting it together, Dakota & Lilly were stalking me in the kitchen. I'm sure it was the smell of the peanut butter, one of their favorite treats. So I dropped about a teaspoon of peanut butter on top of their kibble, and they scarfed down dinner while I whipped up this pie. Now into the freezer -- and out of sight and out of reach from me and the pups -- it goes.

While I'm sharing recipes, here's another one I'd recommend: Chicken and Peaches Platter. It's a quick and scrumptious dinner (I fixed it for Brian on Wednesday after a swim), and now's a perfect time to make it while the peaches are still juicy and delicious.

2 comments:

Lori said...

the chicken/peaches recipe looks scrumptious -- just the kind of thing dale and i like. am thinking about making it tomorrow. thanks!

Lori said...

My pleasure! Hope you liked it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails