11.26.2009

Big thanksgiving for the tiniest blessing


This Thanksgiving, my heart overflows with gratitude for the incredible blessing God has placed in our lives. Above is the image of our baby's heartbeat, captured during our first sonogram on Sept. 22nd, seven weeks into our pregnancy.

Today marks day 117 of my pregnancy, and this is today's entry from my "Your Pregnancy Day by Day" book:

"Your baby's eyes remain closed, but underneath his eyelids his eyes have grown larger. He has eyebrows and eyelashes."

Amazing to think that in a couple of days I will reach the 17-week mark, meaning I'll be 42.5 percent of the way through my pregnancy. Wow. It's moments like this that have had me thinking a lot lately of the lyrics from my favorite song from the musical Godspell:

"All good gifts around us
Are sent from Heaven above

Then thank the Lord, thank the Lord for all his love ... "


A few of the many additional blessings I'm counting on this special holiday:
  • My silly nephenewsers, the youngest member of our growing extended family who never ceases to make me smile.
  • A smart & handsome hubby who is my best friend, my biggest cheerleader and my No. 1 sidekick through thick and thin (and we've seen both in 2009).
The most precious and cherished blessings in my life are the ones I can hug (and especially the one I'm carrying). May your blessings be as plentiful and your heart as full today. Enjoy, savor & celebrate!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails