4.07.2008

'Chalk & awe'


We did it! We did it! We won a national championship. Woo-hoo! It is so good to be a Jayhawk! And don't you say I didn't call it.

I love ESPN's Web site headline right now: "Chalk and awe," with a photo of game MVP Mario Chalmers, who sunk a three-pointer to squeak KU into overtime play to win tonight's national championship game against Memphis. Super Mario, indeed. Get that boy a pair of blue suede shoes. Crimson and blue, that is.

We packed our house and screamed ourselves silly watching this oh-so-tense game. Among the highlights? Former KU coach Roy Williams sporting a Jayhawk sticker at the game. That was classy.


Here's to hoping my blood pressure will return to a normal rate sometime in the next 48 hours ...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG.

I am so ashamed to even admit this.

After all that hoping and wishing and looking forward to the game...

I FELL ASLEEP.

I felt myself getting really sleepy, so I stood up to watch it. But there were so many commercials and during one of the commercial breaks I sat down and that was it for me. it was over! With 6:24 to go. I was FURIOUS with myself when I woke up on the couch at midnight with no idea who won!

I am re-watching this weekend when they replay it! If I can stay awake!

Chris said...

I love your KU t-shirt that perfectly blends your KU and Irish heritages!

Lori said...

Jenn: Girl, you are killing me! You slept through one of the biggest moments in Kansas sports history! :OP

Do me a favor and catch the replay. Watch for Mario's moneymaker 3-point shot. It's amazing.

Chris: I wore that T-shirt every game since the Sweet 16. You gotta know that Irish luck works.

Related Posts with Thumbnails