8.22.2007

And on the count of three ...

After taking summer off, Aldersgate choir members got back together tonight for our first rehearsal of the fall. During introductions, I informed the new members that I am, indeed, married to this cute tenor. (Last year, a soprano who joined late didn't realize that we were married. After she'd been in the choir for about a month, she informed me that Brian seemed to be flirting with me throughout rehearsals. She was wondering if I'd picked up on it. "Yep," I told her. "I've known for at least a decade.")

After all, he is so incredibly charming:




The choir loft was crowded: We had 40 people tonight! I hope we stay with a full choir throughout the year. We always can get such a richer sound that way. Our choir is fortunate to have a lot of male voices, too. We had an ice cream reception afterward to catch up and chat with new members. (Linda showed me a new low-cal tasty treat: a float with raspberry sherbet and diet Sprite. Mmm!) Meet a few of the choir chicks:


From left: Irene, who's new to Wichita and Aldersgate; Lyn, whose husband has worked with my dad for years and whose daughter went to my high school; Andrea, who is from Kentucky and has a lovely Southern Belle accent; and Jennifer, who announced tonight that she's pregnant with Baby No. 2. (Congrats, Jen!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute group of little church ladies!!!

Have a great day, Lori!

Janice said...

I am glad to know you are "tuning up" because I always love listening to the choir sing.

Janice

Unknown said...

Looks like a bunch of trouble-makers to me!!

Maria said...

I love the story about the girl thinking Brian was hitting on you!

Jenn said...

I love that story too!! Something like that happened to Mike and me last year- we had a work dinner with people who didn't know we were married (we have different last names) and one woman remarked to another "Don't you think that they act a little overly FAMILIAR with each other? Is that appropriate?" Haha!

Lori said...

Jenn, I love that story. Too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails