8.18.2007

Circle the wagons

When Connect, the young adult group at my church, got together months ago to plan out our different social activities for the summer, we picked today as the day to go to Wild West World together. I guess we should've chosen a June date instead ...

In lieu of the amusement park rides, Brian and I hit the lap lanes. Early Saturday afternoons are a perfect time to go. For the first 30 minutes of our workout, we had eight lanes and a lifeguard to ourselves! Then we checked out the Codex Atlanticus exhibit at Exploration Place. The exhibit features digital copies of Leonardo da Vinci's sketches, artwork and inventions. My personal favorite is his flying machine. They had computers, models and more to explore. Here's Brian building a model bridge that da Vinci designed. (I really wanted to post a photo of Brian trying on a Harry Potter Sorting Hat at EP's Explore Store, but he wasn't very cooperative.) In the store, a couple of little boys were making toy snakes "strike" at Brian's feet. Brian was a good sport and played along. ("Oh no! Snakes! Ahhh!")

1 comment:

Mom said...

You go Brian! I'm sure you made their day and then some!

Related Posts with Thumbnails