8.14.2007

Giving to Greensburg

Mom and I went to quilt guild tonight (we showed up wearing similar brown tunics!). During the meeting, we learned about a project the group is undertaking: There are 800 members, and a few are challenging everyone to make a quilt for the residents of Greensburg, which was almost completely destroyed by an F5 tornado in May. So far, the group has collected about 100 (sadly, none from me -- yet).

Here are a couple of donated quilts that were on display and soon will be given to Greensburg residents:


It amazes and inspires me how generous quilters are with their gifts. They often pour dozens -- if not hundreds -- of hours into their projects, which can cost $300 or more depending on the fabric, batting and other factors, including whether they pay to have the blanket quilted by a professional.


I have a couple of quilt projects started and plan to identify one to finish for the cause. I usually donate my charity quilts to Project Linus or Aldersgate, but I have a soft spot for this worthy cause.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails