... aka our friends Nicole and Tony (aka Roxy and Nanook's parents). Here they are at Colorado's Royal Gorge during their recent vacation.Many months ago, I was asking Brian whether he wanted to invite Nicole and Tony over for dinner. But I accidentally slurred the two names together, and we've nicknamed the cute couple NiTony ever since. (This was at the height of merged celeb names, including Brangelina, Bennifer and TomKat. So NiTony seemed trendy-cool. And it has stuck.)
I've been secretly jealous about their cute merged name, because I just can't come up with one for Brian and me. Consider the options:
Lori + Brian =
- Lian: Sounds either strangely safari-like or just dishonest.
- Bori: Too yawn-inducing.
- Loan: Reminds me of interest rates (not so romantic).
- Lobri: Wha-huh?
- BriLo: Too much like JLo. Or a kind of scouring pad.
4 comments:
How about Lo-B?
I like Lo-B, but that sounds too much like Lobi, and that name is sacred (I used to call Lori that when I couldn't pronounce the R sound when I was a toddler).
How bout Lo-la-Bo-la? or
Lo-Bri, pronounced Low-Bree. I like that one.
How about LoRyan? Or LoBrian?
Of course I do like BriLo.
I like Lorian, but Brian's not a fan. I guess we'll have to be boring ol' Lori & Brian. Sigh.
Post a Comment