skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Great Grandma
Brian's grandmother Eleanor is one of the sweetest women I have ever met. A few reasons why I love her so much:
- She's 90, but still lives in her own home, cares for her yard and drives her car.
- She spends a lot of time volunteering and doing charity work around Wichita.
- She indulges me with stories about her youth. My favorite: She went on a girls weekend as a young woman and hung out with friends on a river bank. Her boyfriend (and future husband) was annoyed with her that she was gone so long. When she returned, he wanted them to spend time together. So they walked up to a school yard to swing. She said it was boring and that she was having more fun with the girls. (Decades old, yes. But this sounds like a timeless universal story, doesn't it, ladies?)
- She cares for her garden and has the most beautiful flowers and the tastiest vegetables. I love her home-grown spinach, which she uses to make the tastiest strawberry spinach salads I've ever eaten.
2 comments:
How wonderful that you're around to document some of her stories. Keep records for your kids and grandkids! They are priceless. I wish I had done that with my grandma.
Thanks, Chris. Another one of my favorite stories of hers: When she was a young woman, she once threw a temper tantrum when her parents wouldn't let her go on a date. (She's such a gentle, mild-mannered woman that I can hardly even image that.)
Post a Comment