Official disclaimer: I love being a carrot top. Forget what you've heard about blondes: Redheads have all the fun. We look good in green, are in the hair color minority (1 percent, according to some estimates) and get a lot of attention on St. Patrick's Day. Really, though, my strawberry-blonde locks are just part of who I am. Although I've never fully forgiven my Kindergarten teacher for making me use tacky orange construction paper for my hair when we were working on self-portraits, I do love being an example that the myth about redheads having fiery tempers is not true. (Don't believe anything Brian tells you that indicates otherwise.) Apparently, having red hair is not such a good thing if you live in Britain, where "ginger" is a derogatory word. Wondering what exactly a "ginger" is? You could probably waste quite a bit of time reading definitions at Urban Dictionary.
Happy New Year - A Quick Update
-
I have heard from quite a few of you that some would love to hear an
update on our family. I have heard many times since she passed away in
March of 2...
7 months ago
7 comments:
I totally love your hair color, too! Sure beats boring mousey brown...
And don't forget the greatest of all redheads (though I realize, not from literature): Lucille Ball!! :-)
And don't forget Ginger on "Gilligan's Island!"
Don't forget Pippi Longstockings, Raggety Ann and Strawberry Shortcake!
Mom
I love Princess Fiona!
Someone sent me this bad website when after Lauren (our suprise redhead!) was born.
http://gingerkids.org/
It's EXTREMELY tacky!
I never noticed redheads before- now I see them everywhere and I love red hair! You are so lucky!
Wow. You ginger-loving people really know your redheads! Impressive.
And don't forget Jason, Ben, Erin and Elizabeth Walton!
Janice
Who?! (Just jokes.)
Post a Comment