8.15.2007

Kitty quilt audition


From my quilt photo archives come images of a couple of quilts that I've donated in the not-too-distant past. I try to document each of my completed projects. Usually, when I spread one out to photograph, Meow Meow plants herself right on it and won't budge. My theory is that she'd stay far away if she thought it an unappealing work of art. I now call it the kitty stamp of approval. The above quilt is one I designed using leftover scraps from another project. I loved the delicate yellow floral fabrics.


For this baby quilt, I used one of my favorite patterns, Yellow Brick Road. It's by an amazing quilt designer, Terry Atkinson. Her patterns are simple but attractive, perfect for beginners or for a quick quilt. I think this one is her easiest. It's a bit difficult to see in the photo, but about half of the fabrics in this quilt are of trains or various railroad signs. I try make masculine children's quilts along with the more frilly feminine ones because I know there are little boys in the hospital or in crises who need them along with little girls.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails