Tonight was book club at Lori L.'s house, and we had quite a fun time. Especially later into the evening when we'd discussed our August read, "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" by Muriel Spark. (I thought the book was decent. Lots of thought-provoking themes: a woman's prime, fascism, one-armed painters, puppet masters, manipulation, betrayal, secret love, etc.) And after we'd expressed our opinions on the book and our highs and lows of the day (a new book club feature) there was lots of, hmm, well, interesting conversation, including breaking school dress codes, the contents of medical files, etc. Wow, ladies. I don't even know how to summarize some of our conversation. Thanks for making me laugh until my abs and my cheeks hurt. You can always tell that you've had a good time among friends when you reach that point!Those in their prime at the shindig included Chris, Suzanne and Barney!


2 comments:
Maybe I can come back as a guest speaker and talk about more breaking of school dress codes...
Thanks for saying I'm in my prime...even though my age for another seven months or so is divisible by 2. It was fun. Let's do it again next month at my house!
Post a Comment