
Brian and I saw "The Bourne Ultimatum" this weekend and give it two thumbs up. It's definitely more violent than the first two, but I love the plot twists and the ending. On Friday, after we couldn't find "Identity" and "Supremacy" at nearby video rental stores, we bought them and watched one Friday night and another Saturday. As is the case with many trilogies, I like the original best. Maybe it's because I love the ending to the first one, when Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) and Marie (Franka Potente) are huggy and sweet (sans sniper CIA agents, Russian police and the like) in her cool beach-front scooter shop.
If you love reading about your favorite movies (old or new) online, you've got to check out The Internet Movie Database, which has all kids of great facts on the actors, movie awards, etc. I looked up "Identity" to see what plot keywords (like romance, chase, etc.) the site assigned to the movie. There are some of funny ones: road movie, no opening credits, landlady, haircut, concierge and character name in title. It's comforting, isn't it, that there's a resource out there to help us find all kind of blockbusters that include concierges?
Another great movie-related Web site is Movie Mistakes, which points out filming flubs. It's fun for favorite movies that you watch over and over. I looked up "Identity" there, too. Among the errors it points out: Matt's watch mysteriously moves from his right wrist to his left during a hotel kissing scene.
2 comments:
Now I know where to go so that I can watch them. I'll probably wait until you buy #3 and make it a marathon!
Sounds like fun to me! We also need to see "Miss Potter" -- a couple of my co-workers told me today that it's a classy, sweet film.
Post a Comment